This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English
version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 16 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside
the United States.
Date of Last Revision: June 8, 2012.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") is our terms of service that governs our relationship
with users and others who interact with IWantJam. By using or accessing IWantJam, you agree to this Statement, as updated from
time to time in accordance with Section 14 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you
understand how IWantJam works.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Use Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use
IWantJam to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data
Use Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on IWantJam, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and
iWantJam application settings. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the
following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with IWantJam (IP
License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared
with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you
understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a period of time.
3. When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well
as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your
agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and
information. (To learn more about Platform, including how you can control what information other people may share
with applications, read our Data Use Policy and Platform Page.)
4. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including
people off of IWantJam, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about IWantJam, but you understand that we may use them
without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep IWantJam safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep IWantJam safe, which includes
the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on IWantJam.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access IWantJam, using automated means (such as
harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on IWantJam.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or
graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content
(including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws if you publicize or offer any contest, giveaway, or
sweepstakes (“promotion”) on IWantJam.
10. You will not use IWantJam to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of IWantJam, such
as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other IWantJam functionality.
12. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.4. Registration and Account Security
IWantJam users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some
commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on IWantJam, or create an account for anyone other than yourself
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an
5. You will not use IWantJam if you are under 13.
6. You will not use IWantJam if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or
do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we
believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a
user's actual name).
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on IWantJam that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise
violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on IWantJam if we believe that it violates this Statement or our
3. We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report
Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
4. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will
provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
5. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
6. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including IWantJam, the IWantJam and iwantjam Logos), or any
confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written
7. If you collect information from users, you will: obtain their consent, make it clear you (and not IWantJam) are the one
8. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on IWantJam.
9. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. IWantJam offers social reporting tools
to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
6. Mobile and Other Devices
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as
text messaging fees, will still apply.
2. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on
IWantJam within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
3. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with
any information that is visible to them on IWantJam.
If you make a payment on IWantJam or use IWantJam Credits, you agree to our Payments Terms.
8. Special Provisions Applicable to Social Plugins
If you include our iWantjam Plugins, such as the Fan or Donate buttons on your website, the following additional terms apply to
1. We give you permission to use IWantJam's Social Plugins so that users can post links or content from your website on
2. You give us permission to use and allow others to use such links and content on IWantJam.3. You will not place a Social Plugin on any page containing content that would violate this Statement if posted on
9. Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website, the following additional terms apply to you:
1. You are responsible for your application and its content and all uses you make of Platform. This includes ensuring your
application or use of Platform meets our IWantJam Platform Policies and our Advertising Guidelines.
2. Your access to and use of data you receive from IWantJam, will be limited as follows:
1. You will only request data you need to operate your application.
4. You will delete all data you receive from us concerning a user if the user asks you to do so, and will provide a
mechanism for users to make such a request.
5. You will not include data you receive from us concerning a user in any advertising creative.
6. You will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us to (or use such data in connection with)
any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising related toolset, even if a user consents to that
transfer or use.
7. You will not sell user data. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you can continue to use user
data within your application, but you cannot transfer user data outside of your application.
8. We can require you to delete user data if you use it in a way that we determine is inconsistent with users’
9. We can limit your access to data.
10. You will comply with all other restrictions contained in our IWantJam Platform Policies.
3. You will not give us information that you independently collect from a user or a user's content without that user's
4. You will make it easy for users to remove or disconnect from your application.
5. You will make it easy for users to contact you. We can also share your email address with users and others claiming that
you have infringed or otherwise violated their rights.
6. You will provide customer support for your application.
7. You will not show third party ads or web search boxes on www.iWantJam.com.
8. We give you all rights necessary to use the code, APIs, data, and tools you receive from us.
9. You will not sell, transfer, or sublicense our code, APIs, or tools to anyone.
10. You will not misrepresent your relationship with IWantJam to others.
11. You may use the logos we make available to developers or issue a press release or other public statement so long as you
follow our IWantJam Platform Policies.
12. We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
13. You will comply with all applicable laws. In particular you will (if applicable):
1. have a policy for removing infringing content and terminating repeat infringers that complies with the Digital
Millennium Copyright Act.
2. comply with the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA), and obtain any opt-in consent necessary from users so
that user data subject to the VPPA may be shared on IWantJam. You represent that any disclosure to us will
not be incidental to the ordinary course of your business.
14. We do not guarantee that Platform will always be free.
15. You give us all rights necessary to enable your application to work with IWantJam, including the right to incorporate
content and information you provide to us into streams, timelines, and user action stories.
16. You give us the right to link to or frame your application, and place content, including ads, around your application.
17. We can analyze your application, content, and data for any purpose, including commercial (such as for targeting the
delivery of advertisements and indexing content for search).
18. To ensure your application is safe for users, we can audit it.
19. We can create applications that offer similar features and services to, or otherwise compete with, your application.
10. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by IWantJam
Our goal is to deliver ads and commercial content that are valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you
agree to the following:
1. You can use your privacy settings to limit how your name and profile picture may be associated with commercial,
sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. You give us permission to use your
name and profile picture in connection with that content, subject to the limits you place.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
3. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
11. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers You can target your desired audience by buying ads on IWantJam or our publisher network. The following additional terms apply
to you if you place an order through our online advertising portal (Order):
1. When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend, and
your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do
our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will
reach its intended target.
2. In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the
targeting criteria you specify.
3. You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on
our tracking mechanisms.
4. Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
5. We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
6. We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks your ads will get.
7. We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click
activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues, or other potentially invalid click activity that may
affect the cost of running ads.
8. You can cancel your Order at any time through our online portal, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops
running. You are responsible for paying for all ads that run.
9. Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have
interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
10. We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
11. You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with IWantJam without our prior
12. We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
13. If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, including the following:
1. You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
2. You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that
12. Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer a Page on IWantJam, you agree to our Pages Terms.
13. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
1. If you download our software, such as a stand-alone software product or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to
time, the software may download upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance and
further develop the software.
2. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless
you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license or we give you express written permission.
1. We can change this Statement if we provide you notice (by posting the change on the IWantJam Site Governance Page)
and an opportunity to comment. To get notice of any future changes to this Statement, visit our IWantJam Site
Governance Page and "like" the Page.
2. If we make changes to policies referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site
3. We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without
opportunity to comment.
4. Your continued use of IWantJam following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing
all or part of IWantJam to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also
delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following
provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 8.2, 9.1-9.3, 9.9, 9.10, 9.13, 9.15, 9.18, 10.3, 11.2, 11.5, 11.6, 11.9, 11.12, 11.13, and 15-
16. Disputes1. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement
or IWantJam exclusively in a state or federal court located in Santa Clara County. The laws of the State of California will
govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law
provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Santa Clara County, California for the
purpose of litigating all such claims.
2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on IWantJam, you will indemnify and
hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and
costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on
IWantJam and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on IWantJam. We are not
responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you
may encounter on IWantJam. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of
3. WE TRY TO KEEP IWANTJAM UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING
IWANTJAM AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT
GUARANTEE THAT IWANTJAM WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT IWANTJAM WILL ALWAYS
FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. IWANTJAM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE
ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS,
OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF
OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A
CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT
EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF
EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE
DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT,
OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR IWANTJAM, EVEN IF WE
HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS
STATEMENT OR IWANTJAM WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT
YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR
EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, IWANTJAM'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST
EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
17. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The
following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with IWantJam outside the United States:
1. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
2. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially
Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on IWantJam (such as advertising or payments) or
operate a Platform application or website.
3. Certain specific terms that apply only for German users are available here.
1. By "IWantJam" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at
www.iWantJam.com and any other IWantJam branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international
versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and
other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later
2. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers
and website operators, to retrieve data from IWantJam or provide data to us.
3. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who
interact with IWantJam.
4. By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on IWantJam that would not be included in the definition of
5. By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third
parties can retrieve from IWantJam or provide to IWantJam through Platform.
6. By "post" we mean post on IWantJam or otherwise make available by using IWantJam.
7. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
8. By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into IWantJam at least once in the previous 30 days.
9. By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives
or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term
application will apply until you delete the data.
19. Other1. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding IWantJam, and supersedes any prior
2. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
4. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
5. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
6. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition,
or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
8. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
9. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
10. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing IWantJam.
You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of
Data Use Policy: The Data Use Policy contains information to help you understand how we collect and use information.
Payment Terms: These additional terms apply to all payments made on or through IWantJam.
Platform Page: This page helps you better understand what happens when you add a third-party application or use IWantJam
Connect, including how they may access and use your data.
IWantJam Platform Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to applications, including Connect sites.
Advertising Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to advertisements placed on IWantJam.
Promotions Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you offer contests, sweepstakes, and other types of
promotions on IWantJam.
Brand Permissions Center: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to use of IWantJam trademarks, logos and screenshots.
How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement
Pages Terms: These guidelines apply to your use of IWantJam Pages.
Community Standards: These guidelines outline our expectations regarding the content you post to IWantJam and your activity on
Data Use Policy
Date of Last Revision: August 1
I. Information we receive and how it is used
Information we receive about you
We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
Your information is the information that's required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
Registration information: When you sign up for IWantJam, you are required to provide your name, email address, birthday,
Information you choose to share: Your information also includes the information you choose to share on IWantJam, such as
when you post a status update, upload a photo, or comment on a friend's story.
It also includes the information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, like a Page or a
website, add a place to your story, find friends using our contact importers, or indicate you are in a relationship.
Your name, profile pictures, cover photos, gender, networks, username and User ID are treated just like information you choose
to make public.
Your birthday allows us to do things like show you age-appropriate content and advertisements. Information others share about you
We receive information about you from your friends and others, such as when they upload your contact information, post a photo
of you, tag you in a photo or status update, or at a location, or add you to a group.
When people use IWantJam, they may store and share information about you and others that they have, such as when they
upload and manage their invites and contacts.
Other information we receive about you
We also receive other types of information about you:
We receive data about you whenever you interact with IWantJam, such as when you look at another person's timeline, send or
receive a message, search for a friend or a Page, click on, view or otherwise interact with things, use a IWantJam mobile app, or
purchase IWantJam Credits or make other purchases through IWantJam.
When you post things like photos or videos on IWantJam, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time,
date, and place you took the photo or video.
We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access IWantJam, including when multiple users log
in from the same device. This may include your IP address and other information about things like your internet service, location,
the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS or other location
information so we can tell you if any of your friends are nearby.
We receive data whenever you visit a game, application, or website that uses IWantJam Platform or visit a site with a IWantJam
feature (such as a social plugin), sometimes through cookies. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web
address, or URL, you're on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use; and, if you are
logged in to IWantJam, your User ID.
Sometimes we get data from our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads,
understand online activity, and generally make IWantJam better. For example, an advertiser may tell us information about you
(like how you responded to an ad on IWantJam or on another site) in order to measure the effectiveness of - and improve the
quality of - ads.
We also put together data from the information we already have about you and your friends. For example, we may put together
data about you to determine which friends we should show you in your News Feed or suggest you tag in the photos you post. We
may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to, for example, tell you and your
friends about people or events nearby, or offer deals to you that you might be interested in. We may also put together data about
you to serve you ads that might be more relevant to you.
When we get your GPS location, we put it together with other location information we have about you (like your current city).
But we only keep it until it is no longer useful to provide you services, like keeping your last GPS coordinates to send you relevant
We only provide data to our advertising partners or customers after we have removed your name or any other personally
identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people's data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
When we use the phrase "public information" (which we sometimes refer to as "Everyone information"), we mean the information
you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
Information you choose to make public
Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people off of IWantJam, will be able to
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
can be associated with you (i.e., your name, profile pictures, cover photos, timeline, User ID, username, etc.) even off IWantJam;
can show up when someone does a search on IWantJam or on a public search engine;
will be accessible to the IWantJam-integrated games, applications, and websites you and your friends use; and
will be accessible to anyone who uses our.
Sometimes you will not be able to select an audience when you post something (like when you write on a Page's wall or
comment on a news article that uses our comments plugin). This is because some types of stories are always public stories. As a
general rule, you should assume that if you do not see a sharing icon, the information will be publicly available.
When others share information about you, they can also choose to make it public.
Information that is always publicly available
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and are treated just like information you decided to make
public. Name: This helps your friends and family find you. If you are uncomfortable sharing your real name, you can always delete your
Profile Pictures and Cover Photos: These help your friends and family recognize you. If you are uncomfortable making any of
these photos public, you can always delete it. Unless you delete them, when you add a new profile picture or cover photo, the
previous photo will remain public in your profile picture or cover photo album.
Network: This helps you see whom you will be sharing information with before you choose "Friends and Networks" as a custom
audience. If you are uncomfortable making your network public, you can leave the network.
Gender: This allows us to refer to you properly.
Username and User ID: These allow you to give out a custom link to your timeline or Page, receive email at your IWantJam
email address, and help make IWantJam Platform possible.
Usernames and User IDs
A Username (or IWantJam URL) is a custom link to your timeline that you can give out to people or post on external websites.
Usernames appear in the URL on your timeline. We also use your User ID to identify your IWantJam account.
If someone has your Username or User ID, they can use it to access information about you through the iWantJam.com website.
For example, if someone has your Username, they can type iWantJam.com/Username into their browser and see your public
information as well as anything else you've let them see. Similarly, someone with your Username or User ID can access
information about you through our APIs. Specifically, they can access your public information, along with your age range, language
If you do not want your information to be accessible to Platform applications, you can turn off all Platform applications from your
Privacy Settings. If you turn off Platform you will no longer be able to use any games or other applications until you turn Platform
back on. For more information about the information that apps receive when you visit them, see Other websites and applications.
Your IWantJam email address includes your public username like so: username@iWantJam.com. You can control who can start a
message thread with you using your “How You Connect” settings. If they include others on that message, the others can reply too.
How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like
your friends, our partners, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the games, applications,
and websites you use. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
as part of our efforts to keep IWantJam products, services and integrations safe and secure;
to protect IWantJam's or others' rights or property;
to provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see, including to deliver relevant ads to you;
to make suggestions to you and other users on IWantJam, such as: suggesting that your friend use our contact importer because
you found friends using it, suggesting that another user add you as a friend because the user imported the same email address as
you did, or suggesting that your friend tag you in a picture they have uploaded with you in it; and
for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide IWantJam as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with
innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is
important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
received your permission;
given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above.
Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we
may also tell you about specific data retention practices.Deleting and deactivating your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can either deactivate or delete it.
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. Other users will no longer see your timeline, but we do not delete any of
your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to
reactivate your account at some point in the future. You can deactivate your account at: www.iwantjame.com
Your friends will still see you listed in their list of friends while your account is deactivated.
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from IWantJam. It typically takes about one month to delete an account,
but some information may remain in backup copies and. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to
Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account. Some
of the things you do on IWantJam aren’t stored in your account, like posting to a group or sending someone a message (where
your friend may still have a message you sent, even after you delete your account). That information remains after you delete
II. Sharing and finding you on IWantJam
Control each time you post
Whenever you post content (like a status update, photo or check-in), you can select a specific audience, or even customize your
audience. To do this, simply click on the sharing icon and choose who can see it.
Access on phones and other devices
Once you share information with your friends and others, they may be able to sync it with or access it via their mobile phones and
other devices. For example, if you share a photo on IWantJam, someone viewing that photo could save it using IWantJam tools or
by other methods offered by their device or browser. Similarly, if you share your contact information with someone or invite
someone to an event, they may be able to use IWantJam or third party applications or devices to sync that information. Or, if one
of your friends has a IWantJam application on one of their devices, your information (such as the things you post or photos you
share) may be stored on or accessed by their device.
You should only share information with people you trust because they will be able to save it or re-share it with others, including
when they sync the information to a device.
Links and Tags
Anyone can add a link to a story. Links are references to something on the Internet; anything from a website to a Page or timeline
on IWantJam. For example, if you are writing a story, you might include a link to a blog you are referencing or a link to the
blogger’s IWantJam timeline. If someone clicks on a link to another person’s timeline, they’ll only see the things that they are
allowed to see.
A tag is a special type of link to someone’s timeline that suggests that the tagged person add your story to their timeline. In cases
where the tagged person isn’t included in the audience of the story, it will add them so they can see it. Anyone can tag you in
anything. Once you are tagged, you and your friends will be able to see it.
III. Other websites and applications
About IWantJam Platform
IWantJam Platform (or simply Platform) refers to the way we help you share your information with the plugins, applications, and
websites you and your friends use. IWantJam Platform also lets you bring your friends with you, so you can connect with them off
of IWantJam. In these two ways, IWantJam Platform helps you make your experiences on the web more personalized and social.
We do our best to keep your information secure, but we need your help. For more detailed information about staying safe on
IWantJam, visit the IWantJam Security Page. We try to keep IWantJam up, bug-free and safe, but can’t make guarantees about
any part of our services or products.
Change of Control
If the ownership of our business changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner so they can continue to operate the
service. But they will still have to honor the commitments we have made in this Data Use Policy.
Notice of Changes
If we make changes to this Data Use Policy we will notify you by publication here and on the IWantJam Site Governance Page. If
the changes are material, we will provide you additional, prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances. You can make
sure that you receive notice directly by liking the IWantJam Site Governance Page.- IWantJam Community Standards
IWantJam gives people around the world the power to publish their own stories, see the world through the eyes of many other
people, and connect and share wherever they go. The conversation that happens on IWantJam – and the opinions expressed here
– mirror the diversity of the people using IWantJam.
To balance the needs and interests of a global population, IWantJam protects expression that meets the community standards
outlined on this page.
Please review these standards. They will help you understand what type of expression is acceptable, and what type of content may
be reported and removed.
Violence and Threats
Safety is IWantJam's top priority. You may not credibly threaten to harm others, or organize acts of real-world violence. We
remove content and may escalate to law enforcement when we perceive a genuine risk of physical harm, or a direct threat to
public safety. We also prohibit promoting, planning or celebrating any of your actions if they have, or could, result in financial
harm to others, including theft and vandalism.
IWantJam takes threats of self-harm very seriously. We remove any promotion or encouragement of self-mutilation, eating
disorders or hard drug abuse. We also work with suicide prevention agencies around the world to provide assistance for people in
Bullying and Harassment
IWantJam does not tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow users to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but
take action on all reports of abusive behavior directed at private individuals. Repeatedly targeting other users with unwanted friend
requests or messages is a form of harassment.
IWantJam does not permit hate speech. While we encourage you to challenge ideas, institutions, events, and practices, it is a
serious violation to attack a person based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability
or medical condition.
People use IWantJam to share events through photos and videos. We understand that graphic imagery is a regular component of
current events, but must balance the needs of a diverse community. Sharing any graphic content for sadistic pleasure is
Nudity and Pornography
IWantJam has a strict policy against the sharing of pornographic content and imposes limitations on the display of nudity. At the
same time, we aspire to respect people’s right to share content of personal importance, whether those are photos of a sculpture
like Michelangelo's David or family photos of a child breastfeeding.
Identity and PrivacyOn IWantJam people connect and share using their real identities. This culture creates accountability and builds trust and safety
for everyone. Claiming to be another person, creating multiple accounts, or falsely representing an organization undermines
community and violates IWantJam’s terms. Finally, you may not publish other people's personal information.
Before sharing content on IWantJam, please be sure you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks,
and other legal rights.
Phishing and Spam
We take the safety of our members seriously and work to prevent attempts to compromise their privacy or security. We also ask
that you respect our members by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
If you see something on IWantJam that you believe violates our terms, you should report it to us. Please keep in mind that
reporting a piece of content does not guarantee that it will be removed from the site.
Because of the diversity of our community, it's possible that something could be disagreeable or disturbing to you without meeting
the criteria for being removed or blocked. For this reason, we also offer personal controls over what you see, such as the ability to
hide or quietly cut ties with people, Pages, or applications that offend you.
IWantJam respects the intellectual property rights of others and is committed to helping third parties protect their rights. Our
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities prohibits users from posting content that violates another party's intellectual property
rights. When we receive a valid notice of IP infringement, we promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing
content. We also terminate the accounts of repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Copyright protects creative works like music and film.
Trademark protects the brand names and logos used to identify companies and their products.